Dr Anu Jossan is an Assistant professor and the Programme Leader at Al Rayyan International University College (ARIU) in partnership with the University of Derby. At ARIU, Dr Anu is the Programme Leader for BA(Hons) International Business, BSc (Hons) International Business Management and the MBA Global (Business Pathway).
Prior to joining ARIU, she worked in the Banking industry for eight years, gaining experience as a banker, economist, and IT Governance expert. Dr Anu started her career as an adjunct faculty at TKM Institute for Management (TIM) and later joined Andhra Bank (Union Bank of India), a leading public sector bank, as one of the youngest economists in India. Dr Anu gained experience as an Economist working along with the government, central bank, and national and regional bodies. She has international experience working with global banks like the Citi group as their business software quality manager for North America and Oracle financials as their Governance and process quality management expert. With her expert background in banking and IT, she has worked as an IT governance expert for Doha Bank in the GCC. Her expertise in banking ranges from corporate planning, economic intelligence, auditing, governance, quality management and business process improvement.
She has a bachelor’s in economics, a gold medal master’s in business economics, and a master’s in Higher Education. Dr Anu combined her IT, business and economics background in her research thesis and earned a Doctorate in Economics. She is a certified Project Manager (PMP), Information Security Auditor (CISA) and Data Science Professional (HarvardX). She has achieved the status of Senior Fellow of The Higher Education Academy UK in recognition of attainment against the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and learning support in higher education.
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Economics (Subject Area-International Economics)
Research Title: ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF THE TRENDS AND PATTERNS OF INDIAN IT EXPORTS IN THE CONTEXT OF GLOBAL ECONOMIC SLOWDOWN (2006-2014), Bharathiar University, India
• Master’s Degree in Business Economies
Bharathiar University, India
• Master’s Degree in Higher Education (specialisation in Academic Leadership)
University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
University of Kerala, India
• UGC NET Lectureship
Certified / Qualified Lecturer, India Recognition ID: 32010161; recognition attained -24/06/2012
• Certificate of Basic Qualification of Examination (BQE)
Qualification from MBO, Netherlands, for international teachers at Universities of Applied Sciences, Netherlands- NHL Stenden
• Certified – Project Management Professional (PMP)
from PMI, Pennsylvania USA, PMI ID-1009946- certified since – 28/01/2008
• Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
Certified from ISACA, Illinois, USA, ISACA ID: 651761
• Certified Data Science Professional
• Economics–Business (Micro) Economics / Econometrics / Macro Economics/ International Economics/ Quantitative Economics
• Financial Management, Corporate Finance and Business Planning
• Data Analysis-Statistics, Data Science
• Strategy and Change Management
• Operations, Supply Chain, Export Management and Logistics
• Project Management
• Risk Management & Decision Making, Banking Risk (Interest rate, liquidity, fraud, IT service and information security)
• Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) and Quality Management
• Financial Markets – Stock Trading / Investment analysis and Capital Markets
• Information Technology (IT) & Information Security (IS) – Governance
Jossan, A. A. (2018). Exploring business economics (be) -knowledge. International Journal of Economics, Business and Management Research, 2(01), 285–294.
Jossan, A. A. (2018). Implementation of the ipsative method for sustainable assessment and feedback in business studies higher. International Journal of Economics, Business and Management Research Vol., 2(05), 49–59.
Jossan, A. A. (2017). Research Teaching Nexus in the undergraduate business studies curriculum. International Journal of Management and Applied Science (IJMAS), 3(5), 1–7.
Jossan, A. A. (2017). Induction Phase Knowledge Management and Its Impact on Practice Gap in Undergraduate Business Studies Internship. International Journal of Management and Applied Science, 3(5), 79–82.
Jossan, A. A. (2014). Information Technology (IT) services outsourcing- Resilient performer of Indian IT exports during the global slowdown. International Journal for Social and Allied Research, 2(3), 1–13.